Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Almond Shape Nails Review.

Hello Hello!

I know it's crazy, two posts in one day! But I figured the last post was a short one, that another review wouldn't be that bad.

Well, this post is simply about the almond nail shape. I know some of you might not be familiar with it. But an almond shape nail is just that it looks like an almond. It's not as pointy as the stiletto, but more rounded at the tip. See? ->

Now normally, I'm constantly sporting a square or a squarely rounded shaped nail. It's just easy to do on myself and doesn't require the most amount of work.

However, have you ever looked at someone else's nails and thought, "Damn, I wanna do that or try that?" Yeah that's what happened to me. I happened to see this particular picture on Kylie Jenner's website.

I've tried the stiletto or mountain peak in the picture nail style before and I did not like it as much. But when I saw this picture, I just had to try it.

It's fairly easy to create and doesn't look as intimidating as a stiletto nail would.

Here's my list of pros and cons with this nail design.
Pro                                                                                 Cons
- looks nice, like the picture                                           - no one in my family liked the nail shape
- it's a less scary version that's popular                           - it doesn't to me feel as sturdy as a square shape
- it's really popular among celebrities it seems                - I couldn't scratch my itch easily or get relief
                                                                                       - less space to do the nail designs I wanted
                                                                                       - I wouldn't recommend this for a professional          
                                                                                         setting

Overall, this nail shape for me is just okay. It does look nice in my opinion and it is a different look for me than what I'm used to. I'd probably do this nail shape once in a blue moon. Not something that I would probably wear for a long time. It's fun and different though.

I think I'd give this nail shape a 3.5 out of 5.

Hope this helps!
Stace.

No comments:

Post a Comment